Basic Tomato Sauce
Quick and easy vegan tomato recipe for pasta, pizza, nachos...
Servings: 4 people
- 1 yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white cooking wine
- 3 celery ribs roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 19 oz whole canned tomatoes 540 ml
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
In a pot, heat up the olive oil on low-medium heat and fry the onion, stirring often.
Once the onion is translucent, deglaze with the wine and wait until evaporated to put all the ingredients in the pot.
Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
Puree with a hand blender.