Nachos are one of my favorite things for a movie night, when I don’t have the time to cook or just feel too lazy!
I just mix some tomato sauce with red kidney beans,
stick tortilla chips into it, sprinkle cheese and bake it while I prepare a side of sour cream and guacamole.
If you’re looking for a tomato sauce recipe, check out the one I published a few days ago. You can use tomato sauce from the grocery store too. Again, the idea of this dish is to be fast and uncomplicated.
Baked with kidney beans in tomato sauce. Served with guacamole and sour cream.
- ¾ cup tomato sauce see notes
- ½ small can red kidney beans
- chili sauce to taste
- 2 handful tortilla chips
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Drain and rinse the red kidney beans and mix them with the tomato sauce. Heat them up in a pot for a few minutes.
- Pour in an oven safe dish, stick the tortilla chips into it. Sprinkle cheese and bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Watch out because the tortilla chips can burn pretty fast.
- In the meantime, mash the avocado in a bowl, add lemon juice and salt to taste. Place the sour cream next to it.
You can use make your own or buy it already made. If you’re looking for a recipe, I have a great basic tomato sauce recipe that you can use.