Rosemary & Honey Granola
Quick recipe for a great snack! This is a gluten free granola if you make sure that the oats you use are processed in a gluten free facility. It can be eaten as is or sprinkled on a salad, like this beet and goat cheese salad!
If you don’t have all the ingredients on hands, don’t run to the store. You can easily substitute the nuts and seeds I used with the ones you have home.
The main thing when baking granola is to make sure to stir often so it doesn’t burn on the edges. I personally put a timer every 5 minutes so that I don’t forget about it. You want to reach a nice golden brown color.
Rosemary and honey granola
Recipe for 3 cups of sweet and savory granola
- 1 cup oats 100 g
- ½ cup sliced almonds 50 g
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds 50 g
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds 50 g
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds 20 g
- ½ tsp salt 2.5 g
- 1½ tbsp coconut oil 20 g
- 2 tbsp maple syrup 35 g
- 2 tbsp honey 30 g
- ½ tbsp rosemary chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325°F – 160°C.
- In a small pot, put the coconut oil, maple syrup, honey and rosemary.Melt on low heat to infuse the rosemary.
- In the meantime, mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour in the liquids an mix together.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool down and store in an airtight container for a up to a month.