Beet, Goat cheese and Honey Salad – GF
Vegetarian beet salad, with sweet and savory ingredients. One of the components is a rosemary granola that I made a few days ago.
This granola is gluten free as long as you use oats that have been processed in a gluten free facility. So the whole salad is gluten free if you want it to be!
I like the crunchiness that the granola brings in this salad, it pairs perfectly with the smoothness of the goat cheese and honey.
It is not essential to use raw honeycomb, it’s just a cool product if you want to make the plate look a bit more fancy. If you don’t have any, simply drizzle the salad with liquid honey.
Of course, you can use different type of beets to add more color to the plate.
I used fine herb goat cheese, but plain or peppercorn would work too! If you don’t like goat cheese, you can substitute it with a crumbly cheese spread like Boursin.
Vegetarian beet and goat cheese salad
- 3 tbsp rosemary granola see link in the notes below
- 1 small beet
- 1 big handful arugula
- 1 slice raw honeycomb or ½ tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fine herb goat cheese or plain, peppercorn…
- 1 pinch pepper
- ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Clean the beets and put them in a pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Put a lid on and cook for 45-60 minutes. Once cooked, place in a bowl with iced water to cool down.
- Peel and slice the beets.
- For the plating, place the arugula.
- Beet slices.
- Goat cheese crumbs using a fork.Sprinkle granola.
- Slice of honeycomb/drizzle honey on top.
- Mix quickly the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar and drizzle on the salad. And lastly. season with pepper.