This chocolate spread is made with bananas, caramel and peanut butter.
It is a great way to use your ripe bananas, if you’re tired of eating banana bread, or if you’re looking for something to put on your banana bread!
Though, don’t use overripe bananas as the taste is going to overpower the other ingredients.
If you need tips on how to make caramel, check out my salted caramel sauce recipe.
- 2 medium ripe bananas 175 g – don't use overripe bananas as the taste is going to be too strong
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sugar 70 g
- 3 tbsp whipping cream 45 g
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate 130 g – mine is 58%
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- With a hand blender, mix the banana with the lemon juice.
- Make a dry caramel with the sugar, add the cream and then the banana puree.
- Pour the caramel on the chocolate and blend.
- Lastly, add the peanut butter and blend again.