Smooth and comforting…
There is nothing more comforting than a smooth chocolate custard! Just grab a spoon and put on your favorite TV show, you won’t regret it, you might just regret not making some more…
This recipe is from one of the most famous French pastry chef – Pierre Herme – and just requires 5 ingredients. My advice, don’t be cheap on the chocolate, it’s going to make a big difference!
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate 60 g – I used 58% cocoa
- ⅓ cup milk 85 ml
- ⅓ cup whipping cream 85 ml
- 2 egg yolks 40 g
- 3 tbsp sugar 40 g
- Chop the chocolate and put it in a bowl.
- Bring the cream and the milk to a boil in a pot. When it’s boiling, pour some in the egg yolk/sugar, whisk and transfer back into the pot. Cook like a creme anglaise – 83°C – on a low to medium heat and stir until it thicken and the foam is gone.
- Pour half of the custard on the chocolate, mix well, and add the rest of the custard.
- Pour the chocolate custard in two ramekins and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.