April 25, 2020
Since I have time lately, I decided to make my own granola, instead of buying it. I found this great recipe and adjusted it a bit with some flavors I like and reduced the sugar.
I’m a coffee and chocolate lover so I decided to add some cocoa powder and coffee. I also replaced the raisins with some white chocolate chips but if you want to make this granola vegan, simply switch to dark chocolate!
For 3 1/2 cups of granola
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 1 hr
Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
Course Breakfast, Snack
Servings 6 people
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup silvered almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 6 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee diluted in 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips or dark chocolate for a vegan option
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a bowl apart from the chocolate chips, add the liquids.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- When cooled down, add the chocolate chips and store in a food container.
Keyword Chocolate & Coffee, Granola, Mocha