Light And Soft Brioche Slider Buns
Light and soft brioche slider buns that you can eat as a sweet or savory dish.
Sprinkled with seeds, herbs or pretzel salt, they turn into a great burger bun. This time I chose to eat them with veggie halloumi patties, garlic sprouts and a yogurt tahini sauce.
You can also have them as a sweet snack, sprinkled with pearl sugar or filled with chocolate chips, directly incorporated in the dough when shaping.
A quick way to make this brioche is too put it in the freezer for 30 minutes after the first proofing. So you can shape it right away. If you are in no rush, you can leave it in the fridge for 10 hours, it will develop the flavors.
When shaping the brioche slider buns, there is no need to use flour. If the dough sticks too much to the counter, spray a bit of oil on the surface.
You can keep the buns wrapped for a couple of days at room temperature or 6 months in the freezer.
Brioche slider buns
- Stand mixer with a hook attachment
- 1 cup +¾ cup all-purpose flour 250 g
- 1 tsp salt 5 g
- 1.5 tbsp sugar 25 g
- ½ tbsp instant dry yeast 5 g
- 1 egg 50 g
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp milk 110 ml
- 3.5 tbsp butter 50 g – room temperature
- 1 egg for the egg wash
- sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, put the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast. Measure the eggs, milk and butter.
- Pour the milk and egg in the bowl and start mixing with the hook for 4 minutes on first speed.Keep mixing for 10 more minutes on second speed.Don't forget to scrape the bowl and the hook from time to time.Add the soft butter and mix for 5 minutes on second speed until well combined.Form the dough into a ball, cover and allow to proof for an hour at room temperature.
- Fold the brioche and shape it as a ball. Cover with saran wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough in 6 pieces (2.8 oz – 80 g).
- Pre-shape the sliders and let rest for 10 minutes, covered with a kitchen cloth or a plastic.
- Shape the slider buns and put them on a baking sheet with parchment paper.Cover with a kitchen cloth and proof for 1:30.
- Preheat the oven at 320°F – 160°C.When the oven is ready, egg wash the buns with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for about 20 minutes and allow to cool down on a cooling rack.